Looking for wakeboarders

Power Boats, Sailing, Wakeboarding, Skiing, Tubing

Moderators: Tony, Samiam, DSturchio

Looking for wakeboarders

Postby Tony » Thu Jun 21, 2007 10:51 am

Anyone want to get together to do some riding this weekend, Jun 23 - 24? Im heading up light with only 3 of us. We wouldn't mind a couple extra bodies in the boat.
Your friendly local admin.
Tony
Admin

Postby JohnS » Wed Jun 27, 2007 9:48 pm

Tony,

I wouldn't make much of a wakeboarder. :oops: I was on the lake that weekend but didn't see any wakeboarding. I saw the red X2 out, (new to the lake?) but was pulling a skier. I'll just keep punishing my kids on the Bonzi tube. :twisted:
JohnS
Noobie

Postby Tony » Wed Jun 27, 2007 10:07 pm

We were in the green trim four winns with the wakeboard tower. We were seeking sheltered water in green lake, and spent a little bit of time in west lake. The winds were whipping all weekend and it was hard to fight the chop. Still got probably 8 - 10 hours in between the two days. Difficult weekend... we all had some spectacular crashes. :)

The red x2 sits on a lift in front of the new 3 story house on the south shore. Beautiful boat, although I couldnt see the wake it threw out due to all the chop. Doubt he had the ballast full if he was pulling skiiers though.
Tony
Admin

Postby JohnS » Thu Jun 28, 2007 5:07 am

Yea, it was choppy that weekend. It was great Mon-Wed, after the weekend! We tubed the west end of the Lake on the weekend which had a little shelter from Dolgeville point. Still the tube caught some good air while heading into the wind.

I remember seeing a tricked out green wakeboard boat last year. I didn't notice if it was a 4winns, though. Even with a folding tower it must be a tight fit getting into Green Lake.
JohnS
Noobie

Postby Samiam » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:34 am

I noticed the X2 as well.
Guess it's a eye catcher.

Wish I would have seen this post sooner I would have taken you up on that offer Tony.
It's been a long month for me.
I moved up to the lake for the summer.

Maybe next time.
Samiam
Admin

Postby Tony » Mon Jul 02, 2007 10:51 am

We'll be up again a bunch of times. July is gonna be a tough month since my brothers and I are taking vacation... Eats up 2 good weekends of wakeboarding at the minimum.
Tony
Admin

Return to Boating / Water Sports